Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Home Again, Home Again

I'm back in New Orleans without Holly and the children in order to wrap up some of the rennovations I was working on before going to Mobile prior to Kate's birth. It feels good to be back in the city but there are a lot of mixed signals I'm seeing in regards to the recovery.

In the month or so I've been gone, our yard has gotten out of control again (despite the best efforts of our boarder Alex). I'm doing my best to ignore it and focus on the work that needs to be done inside since it will be next to impossible to do once we have the kids in the house. So today after work I did the first of two coats of paint on the shelves in the kids room and then painted a couple of walls' worth of trim in the great room. Alex also helped me move the piano and some other pieces of furniture so if all goes well, I'll be able to starting rolling paint on at least one of the walls tomorrow after work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home