Friday, April 21, 2006

It's Not Easy Painting Green


I spent the morning doing the final coat of trim paint on everything except the interior of the shelves (I'm going to paint those tonight). I also installed the recessed light trim and re-installed the smoke alarm and vent cover. After lunch I did the first coat of cut in of the wall paint. It was a very tedious process and took me almost 4 hours to do everything but I'm very happy with how it came out. It's hard to see how clean the lines are in the picture since the reflections from the camera flash on the white trim obscure things.

Tonight I'm going to work on painting the shelves, the window, and the transom over the door (and maybe the upper closet doors). Tomorrow morning I'll do the second cut in of the wall color - it will go much more quickly since I don't have to paint right up to the edge. Then I'll tape newspaper up to protected the baseboards from paint splatter and roll the first coat of wall paint. Sunday morning I'll be do the final coat of wall paint and final shelf painting. In between all that, I'm going to try and sneak in as much work in the great room as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home