Wednesday, April 19, 2006

White is the New Beige


After working my real job all morning, I had a productive afternoon. After lunch I ran out and picked up enough colonial moulding for the kids' room. After that I managed to paint the ceiling and paint the first coat of trim paint on the quarter round (which I primed last night). Once the sun started to go down and it cooled off a bit outside, I installed the moulding in the room.

I had hoped to paint the second coat on the ceiling tonight but in the evening the recessed lights make it too difficult to see where you're painting. So I'll complete the ceiling first thing tomorrow morning. Which leaves me spending the rest of the evening filling the nailgun holes in the trim and caulking where needed. If I have time, I'll do the second coat on the quarter round so I can install it tomorrow morning.

Oh yeah, I also did the cut in with the white trim paint on the uppermost shelf (just to use up the paint I had already poured into a cup). If you look closely at the picture, you see the edges already look much whiter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home